Wednesday, November 30, 2011

La Jolla Cove

My sister and her kids came out for the week of Thanksgiving.  It was a full house to say the least, my brother also tagged along.  We had a great week.  The kids had so much fun and it was the first time I had ever hosted Thanksgiving.  Luckily I had my sister to help, especially with the turkey.  I have a little aversion to raw poultry, so you can imagine how I felt about digging inside of a big turkey for all of the stuff that wasn't supposed to be there.  
We went down to the beach one of the days there were here.  It wasn't an especially hot day, in the 60s, so I did not plan for the kids to hop right into the ocean.
They had so much fun.  I swear, kids don't feel the cold.  They were so carefree, up to their waist in I'm sure freezing water.
BFFs.
 The clothes finally came off.  They were only dragging them down.
 Happy as a clam :)
Addi.  My kids have crazy a crazy amount of hair.  So when they get sand in it, it's there for weeks.  We are still digging it out.
And then Von became completely white trash and joined all of the other fully clothed children on the playground.  He's leaning out a little wouldn't you say?

2 comments:

Chelcie said...

Aw.. they're so cute. Looks like they had a blast with the cousins! Wish I could've seen everyone!

Shandra said...

I'm bummed I missed out on the Thanksgiving festivities. I bet the food was delish!!