Saturday, July 14, 2012

London Jane Clawson

Little London entered the world last Friday, July 6th at 12:10 am.  She was 6 lbs. 12 ounces and 19.5 inches.  My labor started on the 4th.  All day I experienced contractions about 30 minutes apart and by Thursday morning they had shortened to about 15 minutes apart.  About noon, I called the hospital just to see at what point I should think about coming in (at that point they were about 12 minutes apart) and the nurse said it would be a good idea to just come in and get checked out.  At my doctor's appointment on Tuesday I was already 2 cm. dilated and 80% effaced, so there was a good chance I had progressed and was in actual labor.  So, Ian came home from work and we dropped the kids off at Jaime's and headed in.  They hooked me up and checked me and I was still at a 2/80% and my contractions were about 6-9 minutes apart.  After an hour, I had not progressed any and they suggested I walk around for a couple of hours and come back and get checked again.  So, Ian and I went to the mall and got dinner and at that point they had increased to about 3-6 minutes apart, so we went back to the hospital.  And as soon as they hooked me up again, they slowed down to 9 minutes apart.  After an hour of that I had only progressed to a 3, so they told me I could go home or hang out a little longer and see what happens.  I decided to stay one more hour.  And good thing I did.  At that point it was about 7 pm, and all of a sudden my contractions shortened to about 3-5 minutes apart, but when she checked me after an hour I was STILL at a 3.  The nurse said she would call my doctor, but not to get my hopes up of being admitted.  Luckily, she came back with good news and at about 9 I was finally admitted.  An hour later, I was already at a 6, and by 11:15 I was at a 9.  By midnight I was ready to push and after 5 minutes and 3 pushed our little London was born!
After getting all cleaned up.  
Day 2.  She looks just like Addi did when she was born. 
Her favorite place to sleep is on my chest.  She is so sweet.  Once we got home, she started sleeping really well for a newborn.  Last night she was only up once!  Which is a dream.  We are now trying to put her down in between 10 and 11 and then she is up in between 4 and 5 am and then again not until 8 or 9.  Hopefully she will keep it up.   

Her little profile.  She is so tiny.
Because she was born in the middle of the night, they wouldn't discharge her until Saturday. The first time the kids saw her was once we got home from the hospital.  Addi was immediately in love.  Von, not so much.  He is finally coming around and paying a little attention to her.  The other day, I asked him, "do you think she is cute?"
"No," he said.
Again, "No."
"Well, what is she?"
To which he replied, "She's bad."
He has officially been replaced as the baby.
Our first picture as a family of five.  Ignore how hideous I look.
We are so happy to have her home with us!


Shandra said...

She is so cute! She looks just like Addi when she was born! I can't wait to meet her.

Poor Von. I'm sure he will warm up to her soon. Both Addi and Von will take good care of her.

Congratulations you guys! I love her already.

The last Unicorn said...

she is so cute! And what a good sleeper!!! That is every moms dream. I am sure Von will get use to having her around. Both Von and Addi look so much older in there pictures! I guess that is what having a tiny baby around does to your kids. Love you guys!

Christy said...

ANOTHER beautiful baby! You and your magazine children I swear! Congrats on FINALLY having her - thats the longest labor story Ive heard in a while! I LOVE the name London. It will match her fashion savvy-ness as she gets older :)

jenn (+ will) said...

Good job Alisa! She is gorgeous. Your family is so perfect. I love her name too.

Lula said...


Erin said...

Congratulations! Beautiful bby girl with a great name!

Di said...

love this. love her, love you.

Necia said...

Congrats!! Love the name!